The first Church of God in Indiana was organized in 1927 in Shelburn, a small town in Southwestern Indiana. The church remained in this section of the state until 1940 when the state offices were moved to La Porte, a city in the North Central Region of Indiana.
One of the most exciting periods of growth took place during the second 20 year span. In 1946 there were 23 Church of God congregations in the state of Indiana but by 1966 there were 72. Also in 1966, a new state office building was constructed in Greenwood, IN as well as 2 parsonages to house the state officials. This facility was dedicated debt free and served the state well for 40 years.
In December 2006, Indiana Church of God dedicated a brand new State Executive Office and Ministries Center near Interstate 65 in Greenwood. This facility doubled the square footage of the previous office facility, is state of the art, and is debt free.